Saturday, July 21, 2007

I haven't posted a blog in awhile. Seems that life, and work,

I haven't posted a blog in awhile. Seems that life, and work, and artwork have gotten in the way. I'll try to do something about that, as exposing the "family values" ilk for what it is - well, it's important.

Side comment, before the "real" post though. Tammy Faye Messner (formerly Bakker of the PTL/Jim Bakker debacle in the 80s) died a few hours ago. Of all the televangelists (or former ones), she was probably the only one I ever saw a genuineness of love in. She loved and did not judge. The woman, in the last ten years of speaking engagements, never once told the homosexual community anything but that God loved them. Period. Never spouted how they were sinners in the hands of an angry God, or that they should change or face hell fire. She just loved them.

I recently saw her on Larry King Live. She looked terrible (and I'm not talking about make-up). She was down to sixty-five pounds, and one could tell that she was in visible pain. Yet she kept her sense of humor and her love for people. If there is a heaven, I'm pretty sure she's there. She'll be the greeter, one can be certain.

Rest in peace, Tammy Faye.

No comments:

Post a Comment